BlogSlideShow

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cockatoo Island-Biennale of Sydney 08





The 2 weeks school winter break almost zoom passed just like that...........

I am grad that we managed to have a fun trip to the Cockatoo island.
It was a great day out, the weather was fantastic and the kids ran wild on the island, just don't ask me about the art installations.........

well, on the way to one of them, we were warned that it was not child friendly........
The one with the sails were cool, but the kids were warned that "no touching........."
We were closly followed by a lady with a walkie talkie when the kids were a bit over excited about the upside down boomerang boat.......

So we decided it's time to go outside and the kids were having real fun throwing rocks into the harbour!!!

Honestly, Cockatoo Island is full of industrial characters and if you love heavy rusty machinery, it is for you, they are just as good as any art installation.......

3 comments:

Les' Silver said...

OH MY GOD!Is that your loft or your studio? such a cool spacious place!
Meanwhile, I left a comment on your post of the Metro ring, not sure if you've seen it...attached here again:
The more I wear your retro ring, the more I love it!
Got a great idea,I put a silver chain through the ring the other day by accident, guess what...it's not just a ring anymore, can be such a lovely pendant too!
But it's a bit small for me, thinking you might want to try sth similar to the ring & go wild, the way I look at it...more like a cloud hanging in front of my chest...you with me?

SilverMonk said...

I am glad that you enjoy wearing the ring, Leslie.
It will be a real blessing if that is my studio, in fact it is one of the big industrial shed on the Cockatoo Island.

what a good idea, i will definitely try something wild when the Youngman back to school again, which is tomorrow!

msbelle said...

Cockatoo Island looks like a really fun place! I liked the picture of the sails. That was really cool!

We've been having a good time at my mom's. I have so many pictures and no time to go through them to get them on Flickr. I promise I'll do that so people can see I haven't just been sitting around! ;D

Tell Gabriel I think he's looking more grown up and handsome!!